At McAllister AV, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers, app users and website visitors. This page aims to help you to understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it. For all our services, the data controller — the company that is responsible for your privacy, is McAllister AV Ltd, registered Company Number: 08930083. Our Registered Office address is Units 2-5 Croxted Mews, 286/288 Croxted Road, London SE24 9DA. Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to us at our Registered Office address, quoting the reference “Personal Data”. Alternatively, you can telephone +44 (0)208 333 7912.
How we collect information
We obtain information about you in a number of ways when you use our website, our app or contact us by telephone or email. For example, when you use our website and contact us via our contact form or register to receive emails from us; or when you subscribe to our app. Other information we collect when you browse our website may include your IP address and device type.
The type of information that is collected
Account Information: If you make an online or telephone enquiry, the personal information we collect might include name, address, date of birth, landline and/or mobile phone number and email.
Other information you provide to us: such as that requested in online forms or over the telephone to facilitate the provision of services to you.
Online usage information: When you visit or browse our website or use our app, we may gather information, which may include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies (as described in the Cookies section below).
When you send us your information: Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site. Any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with the information we collect from you
We use your information in a number of different ways and what we do depends on the information.When an online visitor fills out an enquiry form, information is captured and stored. This information is stored in an encrypted format on our web server and may also be emailed to us (sensitive purchasing data is not included in the email). This information is only used by us to respond to an online enquiry.
When a customer or prospective customer provides us with information over the telephone or in person, we may capture and store that information within our customer relationship management (“CRM”) system. This information is only used by us to facilitate the provision of products and services to a customer or prospective customer.
We will only use your personal information for legitimate business purposes to provide the products or services you have requested from us or in which you have expressed an interest. These may include some or all of the following:
- To provide you with the information, customer service, products and services that you request from us
- To send you service messages by text or email, such as order updates
- To process an order or complete a transaction
- To administer any promotion via our website or our app
- To verify you are aged 16 or over
- When you consent, to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, by email or via our app.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always give your personal data rights a high priority. Moreover, it is your right not to provide us with any personal information. However, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services if you do not.We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of our group.
Our website makes use of Google Analytics for online visitor tracking – you can read more about cookie privacy and Google Analytics at: http://www.cookielaw.org/google-analytics-eu-cookie-law.aspx
If you have given us consent, we may send you marketing messages by email. For example, we may send you information about our latest news, products, exclusive offers or events. Customers who consent to receiving marketing emails will always have the option to unsubscribe at any point via a link at the bottom of every email they receive.
Customers enquiring online or subscribing to our app are not automatically added to a marketing database and will not be sent unsolicited email marketing without first being asked if they would like to opt in to receive marketing material.
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your consent before we publish it.
We will not share cookies or any of your data with any other company outside of our group.
Blocking or removing cookies
If you don’t want our websites or our app to store information on your computer or mobile device, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functionality and, in these circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our products and services. For information on how to control cookies being stored on your computer please see www.aboutcookies.org.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you that you have requested. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide services to you.
Controlling your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you would like to delete or make changes to you personal details, you can do so by getting in touch.
We request your consent to agree to receive marketing emails. If you consent but decide you would like to delete or make changes to you personal details, you can do so by getting in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or you can unsubscribe at any time by following the link in our emails.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy.
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (for example, via the contents of this Privacy Notice)
- The right to request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- The right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent and stop direct marketing messages
- The right to object to the processing of personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where SMC processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider on your behalf where technically feasible
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator which, in the UK, is the Information Commissioner’s Office
Sharing your information
We promise to keep your details, including your name, address, email or credit card information safe and will never sell your data on to any third party. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies or website hosts, who help us run our websites
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you: for example, third party service providers such as satellite or cable TV or broadband providers with whom we are communicating on your behalf as part of our service to you
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you.
Links to other information
We aim to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide us with personal information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions relating to your online privacy with SMC, please contact email@example.com, call +44 (0)208 333 7912 or write to us, quoting the reference “Personal Data” at:
McAllister AV Ltd
Unit 2, Princeton Court
53-55 Felsham Road
London SW15 1AZ